Eagles 2022 - 2023
Hello everybody, I’m Mr. Penny and I would like to welcome you all to Eagles Class. Working alongside me this year will be Mrs. Hughes and Mrs. Tomlinson.
In addition to the above, we will also have Mr. Aspinall for PE on a Wednesday, Miss. Whyle for Music on a Thursday morning, Mrs. Chaloner for Forest School on a Thursday afternoon, and Miss Hemingway for MFL (Modern Foreign Languages) on a Friday afternoon.
As well as the usual English and maths lessons, over the course of this year we have many exciting topics to learn about. These will include:
- The Stone, Bronze and Iron Ages.
- Ancient Civilisations.
These topics will be linked to subjects from the National Curriculum such as: Science, Geography, History, Art and D&T.
I look forward to seeing you all in September!
General Class Information
- P.E: Please make sure you come to school in your P.E kit on Wednesday for our lessons with Mr. Aspinall. Please ensure all kit is named and follows school policy.
- Drinks: Please make sure you child has a water bottle for drinking during the day. Water bottles must only contain water - no juice or fizzy drinks are permitted.
- Coats: Please ensure your child brings a coat into school (labelled),
- Homework: Children will be expected to complete two pages of the Maths or English that is taken home on a Friday, to be brought back into school by the following Wednesday.
- Reading: Year 5/6 children will also be explected to read at home each day, either to an adult, older sibling or independenly. After your child has read to you, please could I ask that you write the short date, the number of the pages read from and to and a short comment in their Reading Record.
- Times Table Rockstars: Children are also given log ins for Times Table Rockstars at the start of the year. If possible, please ensure your children is given regular opportunities to access this each week.
- Spellings: Each week, the children in Year 5 and 6 will be accessing Read, Write, Inc. spelling sessions. Children should practise their Speed Spell and Jumping Orange Words each week, ready for their spelling test on a Friday.
- Forest School Activities: On Forest School days, please make sure you are dressed appropriately – arms and legs covered.
Click on the images below to see our termly curriculum maps for Eagles:
Take a look at our Eagles Gallery to see us having fun with our learning.
Files to Download
Eagles: Class News items
Eagles: Calendar items
There are no Calendar items to display